Saturday, May 14, 2016

SATURDAY AT THE WRITING DESK!

Today's office. My sinuses will hate me later.
A rocky start to the day has gotten me off to a late start, but I've moved the office outside today while I spend some time with old friends Lance Star and the Sky Rangers. There's Nazi ass that needs kickin' and we're lacing up our boots.

Why a rocky start? I woke up this morning to some very sad news. Today, the comic book industry lost one of our own. Darwyn Cooke was one of the greats. Not only was he a great artist and storyteller, but a genuinely nice man to boot. I did not know him well, but consider myself fortunate to have met and chatted with him a few times over the years at conventions. He and his talent will be sorely missed. My deepest condolences to his family, friends, and fans. R.I.P., Darwyn. Fuck cancer.

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
Not only was I a fan of Darwyn's work, but I'm still sensitive to the topic after my Mom's fight with cancer over the last year or so. Thankfully, her battle had a happier outcome, but it's still a very sensitive topic and it's hitting me harder than I expected today.

I can't tread water for a whole day.
I've also been feeling afloat the past few weeks. With the layoff from my day job fast approaching, I've been looking to my writing schedule that has backed up. There's a lot of work ahead of me and I have dived back into it to get back on track while looking for a new day job. Sadly, and this is the part that always depresses me to admit, but the writing simply does not pay the bills. Thankfully, I love what I do. I hope to continue doing it for as long as I can.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings this morning. Sometimes the best way to get through is to put your thoughts down.

Anyway, I should get back to work. Lance star can't take on all those Nazis by himself.

Bobby

PS: Fuck Cancer.


No comments: