Saturday, August 23, 2014

A WRITING SNEAK PEEK!

Doing some writing today. I can't really say much about the project yet as the publisher hasn't announced it, but it was put together by a talented writer and editor whose work I've admired for years. I'm having fun with the story and look forward to finishing it up tonight or tomorrow. It's my favorite genre as well, crime fiction with a pulpy flair. That's always a fun sandbox to play in. I'll say more about the project when I can.

Here's a sneak peek at today's work. It's all first draft so this might change a bit between now and when it sees print.

Enjoy.

Bobby
-------
I held up a finger so he wouldn’t reach for the weapon he no doubt carried. I hadn’t come to this little meeting unarmed and I doubt he did either. I pointed toward my pocket and slowly, carefully reached inside and pulled out an envelope I had folded in half and tucked inside. “You mean this?”

“Hand it over.”

“Well, you see, that’s the things,” I said, stalling for time. “I was hired by my client to get this information. I really shouldn’t hand it over to anyone but her.”

He sneered.

“I mean, how would you feel if you hired me and I gave the goods over to someone else just on their say so. I’ve got a reputation to uphold, you know. A p.i. who can’t be trusted is an unemployed p.i. and I’ve gotten kind of used to living indoors. I’m sure you understand.”

He didn’t.

No comments: