Sunday, January 13, 2013

FIRST CONVENTION OF THE YEAR!

Me and George Perez (I'm not very photogenic in this one)


I was a guest at the Atlanta South Comic Con today (January 13) in McDonough, GA. This was a smaller show, but there was an enthusiastic crowd at the show, quite possibly the result of the show’s main guest, George Perez. I was fortunate enough to sit next to George and watch him draw most of the day, which was fun. Sadly, sales of my admittedly limited amount of books (still not replenished after my bag of books was stolen at Dragon*Con) wasn’t what I would have liked. That said, I had a good time hanging out with folks like Mike Gordon, Jason Flowers, Nikki Nolte, J.R. Mounts, Rodney Hall, Mike Seals (an ESO listener), Jim Massara, Jer Alford, Rick Fortenberry, Kyle Putkammer, Sheldon Drum, and George Perez. Plus many more that I’m probably forgetting.

This was a fun day hanging out with some creative people.

My table (slim pickings)
Always a good way to spend a day.

Here are some photos to mark the event. Please click on images for a larger view.

Okay, so now that I’ve gotten the first con of the year out of the way, it’s time to start looking toward the future. This was my only show scheduled for January. I have the Atlanta Comic Convention (ACC) on Sunday, February 3rd (that’s Super Bowl Sunday for those who keep up with that sort of thing). On Saturday, February 9th, I’ll be visiting the Atlanta Science Fiction Society for their monthly meeting as a guest for the month. Always a fun time chatting with this group.
Inter-company Crossover in the making.

My table neighbor, Mike Gordon (we co-wrote Strong Will, BTW)

The walking Dead's Madison Lintz (photo courtesy Jim Massara)

I'm looking slightly evil here. (photo courtesy of Jim Massara)

I survived.

No comments: