Monday, August 15, 2016

THE WRAP UP-- ATLANTA COMIC CONVENTION 8/14/16!


I was a guest at the Atlanta Comic Convention on August 14th. I've been doing this convention since the beginning, 20 years now and it is still one of my favorites. I always have a good time. This one was a little different thanks to it falling on my birthday, which meant a lot of well-wishes, which were greatly appreciated. Birthdays aren't a big to-do in the Nash family so I'm not used to doing much. I mean, I can count the number of birthday parties I've had on one hand.

I almost cancelled my appearance after taking a spill Saturday night. I was really sore on Sunday so, instead of my usual running around the con, I stayed at my table most of the day and stayed in my seat so there are fewer photos than usual. I know others have posted several shots from the event on social media. I usually stand so I can talk to people easier. I'm glad I went as it was a great day. I even got to draw the winner of the 2 free passes to Dragon Con, which was fun.

In addition to talking with some great folks and seeing friends, I even managed to sell a few books, which is always a nice bonus. Afterward, the evening was capped off with friends at Fellini's where I ate some great pizza.

All in all, an absolutely fun day. If you weren't there, you should have been. The next ACC should be sometime in early December. I will post the new date here when I have it.

Bobby

Click Read More to see all the pics from the event.



Sore from my spill the night before, I decided to bring in only a few of my books.
My aching back approved this decision.



A nice gift from ACC guests Bob Burden and Roxanne Starr.
He drew the Flaming Carrot art. She made the Flaming Frame.

Looks like he's deep in thought, doesn't it? Don't be fooled. He's napping.

My haul from the show. Picked up some really cool books.





No comments: