Friday, August 12, 2022

A DANTE'S SHOWDOWN TEASE...

I love it when characters I'm writing get into a grove. This is a bit from my current WIP, Dante's Showdown, the follow up to Dante's Tenth, which appeared in Valhalla Books' The Devil's Due anthology (still on sale HERE). The characters took this into a direction I hadn't completely planned, but really works. I love it when that happens.

###
“I run the Dante Dispatch. That’s our local newspaper.”
He raised an eyebrow. “Reporter, eh? An interesting profession, especially for such a young lady out here in the wilds. How did you get into that line of work?”
“Turns out I knew all the words,” she joked, blushing in spite of herself.
“No mean feat,” he countered.
“Sometimes I even put them in the right order.”
“Ah. That explains it then.” He chuckled. “Heath Moore. New in town. No job yet and I only get my words in the right order maybe half the time.”

###
Coming soon.

Bobby

No comments: