Tuesday, August 2, 2022

WHALLOPIN' WEBSNAPPER! IT'S INTERNATIONAL SPIDER-MAN DAY!

Whallopin' Websnappers! I'm hearing that today is #InternationalSpiderManDay so I thought I would share my #SpiderMan story.

I was first introduced to the ol' webhead via after school reruns of the 1966 cartoon and his appearances on The Electric Company. When I spotted a 3 pack of Spider-Man comic books in the checkout at Zayre's as a kid, I begged my mom to let me get them. She relented, probably just to shut me up, and I discovered comic books that day.

These 3 issues, #s 192, 193, & 194 by Marv Wolfman, Keith Pollard, and Jim Mooney, published by #Marvel Comics, kickstarted my imagination in ways I can't fully explain. They made me want to create my own stories and helped pave the way toward me becoming a writer, for which I will be forever grateful. Aside from #Spidey boing a cool character, this is one of the reasons I would love to write a Spider-Man story one day. Definitely a dream gig.

With great power, must also come-- great responsibility.

Bobby

No comments: