Thursday, March 14, 2019

BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN!

I'm back in the office after being away for six days (three at a convention and three working on a film set) and boy did things pile up while I was away. This is the downside to being a one man band. There's no one to pick up my slack. ha! I'm back in the office today, moving slow, but ready to work. I am tired, achy (lots of standing, walking, and running on set), and medicated as I picked up a sweet little sinus infection from being outside in Georgia's crappy high pollen for three days. Trying hard to nip it in the bud so I don't lose my voice as I have a writer's conference on Saturday and a podcast interview on Sunday.

I've been thinking a lot about my writing career of late, which is moving as though it is stuck in quicksand. I guess that means it's sink or swim time so I will be making some changes to how I do things going forward so I can make my business a success. The first casualty of this looks to be conventions. I have been operating at a loss for a couple of years now on conventions. Sales never equal money spent on hotel and travel so, for the foreseeable future, I won't be doing as many Comic Cons and pop culture cons as in the past. There are some that are exceptions to the rule. I will still be at DragonCon, which is the exception to almost every rule. It is its own unique animal. I'll continue to do literary events, smaller one day shows, and the like as the costs attached to them are minimal (I already have some posted on my website), but I have to cool it on the two and three three day shows for a while unless they want to cover my travel/hotel costs, which has happened in the past. It's a shame, as I love the cons, but from a business standpoint, this is what I have to do right now. Plus, this will give me more time at home to write.

Fear not, I am not going anywhere. I plan to keep on writing and putting out books that I hope you will all want to read (please, tell your friends too) and you can still get autographed books from me directly through www.bobbynash.com , www.ben-books.com , or by messaging me directly on social media. I am not hard to find.

Well, I've got six days of backlog to get caught up on so I will sign off for now and get to work.

Thanks for listening.

Bobby

No comments: