Saturday, March 16, 2013

RICK RUBY STEPS IN IT AGAIN!



It's been awhile since I've posted any writing updates. Sadly, part of that has been due to my output slowing down a bit since I rejoined the ranks of those with a day job. Still, I am managing to get some work done, albeit a bit slower than before.  Today I worked on my story for The Ruby Files Vol. 2 today. Here's a taste of today's wordage as I get closer to the finish line. It still needs a polish, but it's coming along nicely.

#####

“Who are you after?”

No one answered.

“Come on,” Rick said. “Before I became a 'two-bit private detective' I was a cop. I might not be front and center on the game board, but I know this city and the players. I can help you.”

“I don’t think so,” Reardon groused.

“It’s clear you’re either after the Tommasso or Manelli family since they are the chief suppliers of girls in this town. I’ve certainly had my run ins with both,” Rick said. “Remember Derrick Shaunessey?”

“The name rings a bell. Mid-level thug for the Manelli’s until he left town in a hurry last year. What about him?”

“I helped him pack,” Ruby offered.

#####

And another:

“Are you insane?” Rick asked. “You want to take down the number two man on the totem pole? Even if you manage to put the snatch on him,” he looked at Agent Blake’s outfit, “his brother will rain down hell on your team trying to get him back.”

“You let us worry about that, Mr Ruby,” Reardon warned. “And I wouldn’t get too comfortable if I were you. Just because you aren’t handcuffed to a radiator somewhere doesn’t mean you’re a part of this team. We do not require, nor do we want, your help. You are here as a courtesy only. Try to remember that. One word from me and my men will bury you in the deepest, darkest hole we can find.”

Rick looked at Agent Lacy. “He really loves the sound of his own voice, doesn’t he?”

“You have no idea,” she said and rolled her eyes.

“If you two are finished with your Laurel and Hardy routine, what say we get this show on the road?”

“Of course,” Blake said. “I had better get into position. Everything ready?”

#####

I really do love writing this guy.

Bobby

Learn more about Rick Ruby at http://RickRuby.blogspot.com


No comments: