Wednesday, August 15, 2012

THERE I AM... ON THE ROAD AGAIN...

The past few months have been a whirlwind of activity, which has kept me from posting as often as I'd like. It's also kept me from getting photos off the camera, which I've finally done. The following shots are from my last three conventions and appearances. As always, please click on any photo for a larger view.

Enjoy.

Bobby

THE ATLANTA COMIC CONVENTION - JULY 8, 2012 - ATLANTA, GA
Always a fun time, the ACC held on July 8th at the Marriott Century Center in Atlanta, GA was a blast. Not only was there a nice crowd, but also a great selection of talented creators and dealers with awesome deals. You can tell it was busy because almost every one of the photos shown here were shot from my table. I didn't get to walk around as much as I normally do, which means it was good and busy. The Atlanta Comic Convention is held four times a year. I hope to see you at the next one.

Learn more about the Atlanta Comic Convention at www.atlantacomicconvention.com


Me and my books

My table







Me with writer Yolanda Washington






THE CHARLOTTE COMICON - AUGUST 5, 2012 - CHARLOTTE, NC
Another one day show that's always a lot of fun, the CCC was held on August 5th at the Crown Plaza in Charlotte, NC. As usual, the show was a blast. In addition to record breaking attendance for this show, there was a costume contest, cool creators, and some sweet deals. I also got to hang out with friends Mike Gordon, John Hartness, and Bradd and Nikki Parton, which is always a nice bonus. The next CCC is December 15th, but at a different venue as the Crown Plaza will be under renovation at that time. I hope to see you there.


Learn more about the Charlotte Comicon at www.charlottecomicon.com


Me and my table o' books.

My books (or at least some of them)

My neighbor, John Hartness, writer and super book salesman

My neighbors & carpool buddies, Peter Cutler & Mike Gordon.



Gotta love Instagram

This is how I usually see my table.
THE GREAT ATLANTA TARDIS TOUR - AUGUST 11, 2012 - DULUTH,GA
Or, as I like to call it-- THE TIMEY-WHIMEY TARDIS TOUR!
Along with my Earth station One/Earth Station Who podcasting pals, I visited Titan Games and Comics in Duluth, GA on Saturday, August 11th for the first stop on the Great Atlanta TARDIS Tour. Fans of Doctor Who came out in droves to meet the cast and crew of the new upcoming web series, The Forgotten Doctor. We recorded a few interviews with the cast and crew for the next Earth Station Who podcast episode. Special thanks to the management and staff of Titan Comics for also hosting the Earth Station Who crew.

Learn more about Doctor Who: The Forgotten Doctor at www.facebook.com/DoctorWhoTheForgottenDoctor

You can also help fund this fan-based series by visiting http://www.indiegogo.com/DoctorWhoTFD



The Forgotten Earth Station Who?

ESO/ESW co-hosts Mike Faber and Mike Gordon

11 was in character the whole time. He was great.

ESW co-host The Phantom Troublemaker under cover

Okay, everyone, say "Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Whimey!"

Recording an ESW episode

ESW interviews Producer/writer Richard Hempton

The ESW interview continues

The Forgotten Doctor, Jevocas Green and the ESW crew
The tour continues on Friday, August 17th at Galactic Quest Comics in Lawrenceville, GA.


And here's a few other assorted odds and ends that were on the camera.

Me at the Starship Farragut table at Con Carolinas 2012

Swamp Thing sketch
And here's the long overdue piece of art for Richard's Comics, who hosted me for Free Comic Book Day 2012. I hope it was worth the wait.

Whew.


Okay, I really should get back to writing now.

Bobby

No comments: