Wednesday, August 2, 2023

MY SPIDEY ORIGIN STORY FOR INTERNATIONAL SPIDER-MAN DAY!


Whallopin' Websnappers! Today is #InternationalSpiderManDay. To celebrate, here's my #SpiderMan origin story.

I was first introduced to the ol' webhead via after school reruns of the 1966 cartoon and his appearances on The Electric Company. One night, in the checkout aisle at Zayre's Department Store, I spotted a 3 pack of Spider-Man comic books and begged my mom to let me get them. She relented, probably just to shut me up, and I on that day, my love affair with comic books began.

Those 3 issues, Amazing Spider-Man issues 192, 193, & 194 were written by Marv Wolfman with art by Keith Pollard, & Jim Mooney, and published by Marvel Comics. These books kickstarted my imagination in ways I can't fully explain, even all these years later. Reading these issues made me want to create my own stories and helped pave the way toward me becoming a professional writer, one who has been fortunate to write comics himself, though not Spider-man (if anyone at Marvel is reading this, hit me up. I'm ready!) I will be forever grateful to #Spidey and the creators of these issues for fueling my creativity and imagination.

Remember, with great power, must also come-- great responsibility. Spidey taught me that.

Bobby

No comments: