Thursday, July 14, 2022

So, what do you think, Geoffrey?


So, I'm working on the comic book script for Shank issue 2 and I had one of the detective characters ask her partner, "So, what do you think, Geoffrey?" and burst out laughing when I re-read it. Why? This photo. Totally an inside joke and I didn't write the line on purpose, but it reminded me of a fond memory with Geoffrey Gwin and Sean Taylor. I miss seeing those guys. We've had a lot of laughs together.
The line happened the year before this photo when I asked this question of Geoffrey while I was on a panel. He was not, but had just taken a bite of a sandwich and wasn't listening. His befuddled response got a laugh and we went on.
He wasn't able to attend the con the following year so Sean Taylor, that goofball, made a cardboard standee of Geoffrey (pictured above) and carried to all of our panels and at his table. Geoffrey wasn't amused. At least not at first.
It's funny how the line popped out of my fingers into the script and triggered a fun memory with my friends. That is the magic of what I do. I wish I was smart enough to do these things on purpose. Still, they are nice surprises when they happen.
Thanks for letting me share.
Bobby


No comments: