Tuesday, December 3, 2019

THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR...


I 100% agree with Neil. I have heard creators in the past say that it's hard to write Superman in the modern age or that Superman doesn't work in modern storytelling. If you are ever offered the chance to write Superman and your first thought its that Superman is no longer relevant or cannot be written for a modern audience, the problem is not with the character. It simply means you aren't the right writer to work on Superman. Superman, much like Captain America stands for an ideal. We may never reach that ideal, but these characters show us that ideal and help us fight the never-ending battle to achieve it.

It's funny, on the one hand, Warner Brothers and DC are saying this about Superman on the big screen and comic books while many of us are celebrating the return of three... yes, three different versions of Superman on Crisis on Infinite Earths on the CW. Maybe someone at Warner Brothers should watch the crossover.

 
Personally, I have turned down and walked away from some projects over the years because I did not think I was the right writer for them. The biggest moneymaker I walked away from is Sherlock Holmes. I was not convinced that I was the right person to write new stories in the style of the original Holmes tales. I remain convinced today that I made the right decision. I don't want to do anything halfway.

Anyway, I agree with Neil.

Bobby

No comments: