Sunday, November 25, 2012

OH, THOSE PESKY WRITER PROBLEMS...

I see this every time I look at my computer. It's tasks me.

Sometimes it ain’t easy being a writer, let me tell ya.

So I get an idea for a new book today. Always great when that happens, but I had to put the brakes on it because there are several priority projects ahead of it. I guess, as problems go, this isn’t a bad one to have.

The urge to start writing on this new idea is strong, but there are deadlines to meet on other projects so I had to clamp down that enthusiasm and put on the brakes. That's okay though. Like a nice meal, I'll let the idea simmer in the back of my mind for a bit.

Today was another busy one. Did a little more errand running with my Mom while my Dad is under the weather. Bought some groceries and assorted odds ‘n ends. Spent some time working on and posting at www.bobbynash.com, http://BEN-Books.blogspot.com, http://allpulp.blogspot.com, www.esopodcast.com, and assorted social media.

I also spent some time doing my homework for the next episode of the Earth Station One podcast, which is our Annual Holiday Geek Gift Guide. We’re recording on Sunday this week as one of our guests is from Europe so we’re rescheduling to accommodate the time difference. Plus, we’re interviewing Farscape’s Virginia Hey as well so it should be a fun day.

Oh, yeah, and somewhere in all of that I managed to get a little writing done too. Added a bit to the Domino Lady novel, which is getting closer and closer to the end. I can see the finish line in the distance. I expect to put this one to bed sometime in the next week or so.

Somewhere in there I popped in a DVD, since there was nothing on TV tonight, and watched a couple episodes of Buck Rogers. Still a fun show. But, it’s a little past 3 a.m. as I write this so it might just be time to call it a night. Think I’ll watch tonight’s episode of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea that I DVR’d off MeTV then call it a night.

Until tomorrow.

Bobby

No comments: