Saturday, September 22, 2012

THE NEXT BIG THING BLOG HOP

I got tagged by Van Allen Plexico for this, and it seems like a good idea. Here are “The Rules.”

Answer these ten questions about your current WIP (Work In Progress) on your blog. Tag five writers/bloggers and add links to their pages so we can hop along to them next.

I'll tag: Derrick Ferguson, Stephen Zimmer, Andrea Judy, Nancy Holder, and John Hartness.

Okay--here we go:

Ten Interview Questions for The Next Big Thing:

Not final cover
What is the working title of your book?

 Evil Intent

Where did the idea come from for the book?

Evil Intent came from the dark recesses of my mind where some crooked little brain cell sits alone churning out plots that won’t stop nibbling at the back of my subconscious until I write them down. Evil Intent is the second book in the FBI Agent Harold Palmer series of novels and picks up just weeks after the events of the soon to be re-released Evil Ways novel.

What genre does your book fall under?

Evil Intent is a suspense thriller.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Y’know, I’ve not really thought about it. Harold Palmer and the characters in the story are so fully formed in my brain that I’ve not thought about them as looking like anyone else. Agent Palmer is a sometimes action hero who uses his brains as often as possible. He also doesn’t always win every fight. Let me get back to you on who might be best to play the character.

Not final cover
What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

FBI Agent Harold Palmer and the Joint Terrorism Task Force track a domestic terrorist, unaware that he has targeted them for death.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

Neither. Evil Intent will be published by a reputable publisher so it will not be a self-published project. However, I am also not represented by an agent.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Hard to say, exactly. As I also work on writing assignments, sometimes my novel projects are worked on in short bursts around other writing projects. Evil Intent was no different and I’ve worked on it off and on for a couple years. I am currently working on it more steadily as a publisher has expressed interest in it. Plus, with Evil Ways being re-released, it’s a good time to get it finished and in the hands of readers.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

Evil Intent is a thriller in the vein of novels by Michael Connelly, Alex Kava, Stephen J. Cannell, or James Patterson. If you like those writers, hopefully you’ll enjoy my work as well.

Original Evil Ways cover
Who or What inspired you to write this book?

As I mentioned before, that one twisted little brain cell keeps me inspired. I love telling stories so I’m constantly looking for ways to get the work completed and out there. Committing murder and mayhem on the written page is a fun job. I love it.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

Evil Intent is book 2 in what I hope will be an ongoing series of novels featuring FBI Agent Harold Palmer and an assorted cast of characters. Evil Ways and Evil Intent are thrillers that also feature action, mystery, and suspense. They make fun beach reads.

Tag. You’re it.

Bobby
#####
UPDATE: In the question above dealing with whether the Evil Intent novel is going to be self-published or through an agent I mentioned that the answer was neither and that I would be going through a reputable publisher that doesn't require an agent. After reading this, a friend of mine asked if my answer was taking a shot at self-publishers. I wasn't and I wouldn't. As a writer who has self-published his own work a time or two, I certainly have no problem with anyone self-publishing their books. Evil Intent is slated to be published by a small press publisher with a good reputation, which is why I used the word "reputable." I was certainly not taking a poke at self-publishers and wanted to clarify.

Bobby


No comments: