Tuesday, September 6, 2011

New Pulp Is...

I'm proud to be a part of the new line of tales called New Pulp with my stories in Lance Star: Sky Ranger, Ravenwood - Stepson of Mystery, Peculiar Adventures, Domino Lady, Green Hornet, and more. One of the questions I'm often asked is-- "What exactly is New Pulp?" The following answer was created by the New Pulp Community.


NEW PULP IS...

...fast-paced, plot-oriented storytelling of a linear nature with clearly defined, larger than life protagonists and antagonists, creative descriptions, clever use of turns of phrase and other aspects of writing that add to the intensity and pacing of the story.
Card Designed By Wayne Reinagel
While this is an accurate description, it's also quite a mouthful. In an effort to create a visual representation of the New Pulp definition, I put together a few New Pulp ads using some of the titles I've worked on and thought I'd share them here. I'd love to hear your thoughts on them. Click on any card for a larger view.



A picture's worth a thousand words, right?

You can learn more about New Pulp at http://www.newpulpfiction.com/.

Bobby

No comments: