Thursday, January 7, 2021

A New Day...

Starting off the day with nice comments from the editor of the story you turned in is a great way to start the day. It's always nice to wake up and smile. Writing is such a solitary profession. The majority of my time is spent alone in a small office, just me and my characters. I can't speak for other writers, but I often fear that every story I turn in to an editor or publisher will be hated. I try not to think like that, but it happens with every story I send so getting positive feedback is appreciated.

Yesterday was rough. I managed not to do any work after getting home from my dad's doctor appointment and errands we had to run. We walked into a terrorist siege playing out on the TV, which killed any desire to write about fictional crimes while real life ones were playing out in vivid color on the TV.

But that was yesterday. 

In an effort not to let those who want to disrupt our lives win, I'm back in the writing office today. There's words that need slinging and I am warmed up and ready. I'll try to stay positive when I send this story off for edits. 

#Focus #AmWriting

Bobby 

No comments: