Friday, January 4, 2019

SOMETIMES I EVEN AMAZE MYSELF...


I got in galley proofs tonight on a project I wrote my story for back in June of 2011. Sometimes these things take time. Suffice to say, my memory of the story was fuzzy so it was like reading a story fresh. I ran across this small piece and was rather impressed with 2011 me's writing so I wanted to share. It takes place at a bar after the main character has been in a fist fight where his lip got busted.

“What’ll you have?” the bartender asked.
“A bourbon on the rocks,” I told him. “I’ll take the rocks in a napkin, please.”
He nodded and dropped a handful of ice cubes into a linen napkin and sat it in front of me.
I put the cold compress against my swelling lip while he poured my drink.

I rather like how that exchange worked out.
More news on this project when I have it to share.

Bobby

No comments: