Monday, April 18, 2016

BIG CON WEEKEND WRAP UP-- BRIDGE-CON AND THE ATLANTA COMIC CONVENTION!!!

Conventioneers--- Assemble!!! Trust me. I'm more tired than this photo lets on.
This was a double-header con weekend for me with two 1-day shows. It was a long, exhausting weekend, but I had a great time.


On Saturday, I was a guest at Bridge-Con in Monroe, GA. Bridge-Con is a convention to raise money for The Bridge School of Georgia, a private school for special needs students. Attendance was a bit smaller than everyone hoped, but everyone who came, including many of the school's students, had an amazing time. A big thanks to Greg Crews, one of The Walking Dead's zombies, for organizing the event and for taking such good care of us. In addition to a large contingent of Walkers, the Batmobile made an appearance, and there was a bouncy house and other activities for the kids. I, along with J.R. Mounts, Christopher Collins, Bryan Silverbax, and Sketch MacQuestor made up artist/author alley. We also did a panel and talked about writing, drawing, and answered audience questions.

On Sunday, I was a guest at thAtlanta Comic Convention in Atlanta, GA. ACC has been a home con for me for 17 or 18 years now. It's always a fun time with cool guests, great crowds, good shopping deals, and fantastic fellowship with everyone. Always a fun time. It was great seeing everyone and I look forward to the next one sometime this summer. Thanks, as always to Wes and Dave Tillander for having me at the show.

A big thanks to all who came out and said hello. I love doing these events. They are exhausting though. I called it an early night on Sunday. I'm doing fewer shows this year than normal, mainly due to my workload, but if you see me at a con, please stop by and say hello. You can keep up with my convention schedule here.

Click Read More to see photos from each event.

BRIDGE-CON


My table at #BridgeCon

Christopher Collins at #BridgeCon

Bryan Silverbax at #BridgeCon

J.R. mounts and everyone's favorite fried pickle p.i., Q Cumbersome at #BridgeCon

My con badge. #BridgeCon

It's just not a con without this pose.#BridgeCon

A few of The Walking Dead zombies on stage for a Q&A panel at #BridgeCon

I dooded a doodle at #BridgeCon. It's a Mighty Marvel Mash-Up asDeadpool
meets Life In The Faster Lane's R.O. and we get new XForce member, ROpool!

Artist Bryan Silverbax with his Deadpool sketch at #BridgeCon

Writer & Artist panel at#BridgeCon.
L-R: Bobby Nash, J.R. Mounts, Bryan Silverback, Christopher Collins,
and Sketch MacQuinor talk about the joys and perils of writing & drawing.

Me spouting some nonsense on the writer & artist panel at #BridgeCon

with J.R. Mounts looking at me like, "yeah, right!" Ha! Ha! Ha!

Another shot from #Bridgecon courtesy of Christopher Collins.

Another shot from #Bridgecon courtesy of  .R. Mounts.

Me and Domino Lady from #Bridgecon courtesy of J.R. Mounts.

###

THE ATLANTA COMIC CONVENTION


My table at the #AtlantaComicConvention #ACC

Creators to the right of me...

Shoppers to the left of me...

Writer/Artist James Burns

Eric and Jeff from About Time Comics. They always bring the best paper in comics.

Author Allen Kemp

Writer/Artist Solomon Mars

One of the coolest artists ever, Chris Hamer aka Urbnpop

Writer/Artist Roy Richardson

Writer/Artist June Brigman

Artist (and proud new poppa) Jason Flowers

When I was a kid, I would have loved a van like this one at #ACC.

My table sans me.

I did a little shopping at the Atlanta Comic Convention. Great deals on these booksDaredevil, Essential Marvel Saga, and Blackhawk reprints. Cool reads one and all.

I also did a little shopping at The Book Nook, a local store nearby after ACC ended.
There I found these treasures. Buck Rogers Origins of Marvel ComicsSons Of Origins,
The Spider, and Spider-man novels. A good haul.

After a busy weekend at Bridge-Con and ACC, I went home to get some work done,
but 
tired Bobby was tired-er so he watched a little TV while he ate then went off to
dreamland where he dreamed of cons. Go figure.
Another shot from ACC courtesy of Jeff Wiley of Atlanta Comics News



No comments: