Friday, November 23, 2012

BLACK FRIDAY BLUES!

Despite my best-laid plans I broke with tradition and accompanied my Mom on a Black Friday shopping trip today since my Dad is sick and couldn’t join her. Thankfully, we didn’t have to fight too many crowds though. We went after 2 p.m. so it was all good. She found everything she wanted to buy too and didn't have to leave house before the crack of dawn.

Tomorrow is Small Business Saturday, which is an initiative where people are encouraged to visit local or small businesses. As I, as a writer/publisher am considered a small business, I rather like this idea. Heh. Of course, I think that books (paperback or ebook) make a great gift. There are a lot of talented writers out there with some great books that I'm sure you'll enjoy. Not one to pass up a chance for some shameless self promotion, let me also say that there are some links on this very site to some books I hope you'll enjoy. I know. Ain't I a stinker?

And then there's Cyber-Monday. I'm sure I'll promote that one too. :)


Now it’s time to settle in and get some writing done.

Have a great weekend.

Bobby

No comments: