Tuesday, March 30, 2021

A SAD MORNING IN GOTHAM CITY...


A sad morning in Gotham City.

The Bat has fallen. ZLONK! ZOK! ZOWIE! and BIFF! BAM! EEE-YOW! have been cancelled.

I want to thank Jim and Rich for their hard work and diligence on this project. I was honored to be part of it. Read the post below for all the details.

Bobby
----
Repost Bat-Editor Jim Beard:

I regret to say that both ZLONK! ZOK! ZOWIE! and BIFF! BAM! EEE-YOW! have been removed from publication by Amazon due to a claim of copyright infringement for their artwork by Warner Bros.

I apologize to everyone who had invested in the books, but truly appreciate your support and enthusiasm for them. I’m in debt to you, as well as to the incredible cast of talent, including both writers and artists, who worked on the project. I appreciate each and every one of you.

The two volumes were instrumental in my gaining a semblance of normalcy after Becky’s death, and because of that they will always hold a very special place in my heart, as does the TV series they commented upon. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into the books, and they almost didn’t get made at certain times, but once they came together, they were exactly what I envisioned, and I am so proud of what they became.

At this moment, there are no plans to alter and republish them, as well as the third volume in the series. Nor do I intend to fight a giant the size of Warner’s. If you had recently ordered the books, but see your order has been cancelled, I am very sorry. If you already have copies of either book or both, please enjoy them. They're collector’s items now!

No comments: