Tuesday, June 30, 2020

PACKAGING WOES...


As a person who mails out books, I try to always make sure they are well protected so they arrive in the customer's hands in one piece. I wish more places took the same care.

On the right above is a package with 2 used paperbacks. The seller (Shattered Comics, who I gave an excellent review, BTW) packed it in bubble envelope and put it in a book box with do not bend stickers. The books are in perfect condition in the larger PO Box.

On the left is a brand new book from #Amazon. It was put in a bubble envelope with no protection, no do not bend, and so the local #USPS Post Office folded it in half and shoved it into my PO Box where it barely fit. Makes me wonder why they didn't put it in with the larger one as they arrived same day. Key was in my box first as the folded book pushed it against the door. I try to support the USPS as much as possible, but they don't make it easy.

At the end of the day it's just an annoyance, but it is one that could be prevented if Amazon and USPS would use just a modicum of common sense or yellow, care a little. Adding 1 small piece of cardboard would have done the trick.

End of rant.

These were the books delivered today. I'm hoping I can flatten the Miami Heist book (that my local #USPS folded in half because of #Amazon's horrendous packing) out by laying something heavy on it. The other books, delivered by Shattered Comics are in excellent condition. Thrilled to add them to my collection.

I am looking forward to diving into Van Allen Plexico's Miami Heist. I absolutely loved his Vegas Heist and I am excited to see what kind of caper Harper and Salsa get into this time. A highly recommended series.

Bobby


No comments: