Tuesday, September 17, 2019

THE WRAP UP-- NEXT CHAPTER CON!


I was a guest at the first annual Next Chapter - a Books and Author Convention on Saturday, September 7, 2019 in Ringgold, GA. The event ran from 10a.m. - 4p.m. and featured authors of all stripes, an impressive kid's corner, and fun panels. You can find official photos from the event HERE.

I was on these three panels and had fun on each. The panelists were a lot of fun to chat with and the topics were interesting. :
11:00 - You've got the write Stuff, baby! How marvelous stories take form.
1:00 - A Peek Into Publishing
3:00 - Don't Kill My Favorite Character

A big thank you to Kenyon Henry, our host for the event. Kenyon and his team put on a great event and took good care of the guests, including feeding us, which is always a good way to an author's heart.

It was also great seeing friends like Dan Jolley, James Palmer, Ellie Raine, Seth Tucker, Stephanie Osborn, and more. The event supported local libraries and I am thrilled to say that a couple of my books will now be in Ringgold's library and available for checkout.

On a personal level, my Dad joined me for the day to help watch the table while I did panels. This is the first convention my dad has attended and I think he enjoyed himself. At first, I was afraid he would be bored as this is not really his kind of event, but R.O. is a charming, guy and, in typical fashion, found plenty of people to talk to at the event. I think he enjoyed it. We also had a nice ride up and back, which was fun.

I understand that there will be a Next Chapter Con in 2020. I would definitely love to return for that.

Bobby



No comments: