Tuesday, September 25, 2018

BOBBY'S MAGNUM P.I. REVIEW


Jay Hernandez as Thomas Magnum
Because of my love of the original Magnum p.i. TV series, I have been asked several times for my take on the new show so here's my review of last night's premiere episode.

I watched the new Magnum p.i. last night and thought it was okay. They certainly hit all of the Magnum tropes in the first episode... sometimes with a hammer, it felt like. I thought it was an okay start. Jay Hernandez is quite charming and likable in the title role. The other characters will take some getting used to, I think. I do like James Remar as Buck Greene. Good guest casting. The action is certainly well done, but like the other Lenkov reboots (Hawaii 5-0 and MacGyver), I find the stories are quite thin and the heart of what made the originals shine seems to be missing. A lot of flash, but very little substance. That said, I enjoyed the first episode and will be back to see where they go from here. I do wish, like H5-0, they would do the full theme music. That could just be me. I love the original's theme music. #magnumpi

Bobby

The original show's classic theme.


The new show's shorter theme.


No comments: