Saturday, March 3, 2018

THE WRAP UP: ATLANTA SCI-FI & FANTASY EXPO 2018!


Today has been a great day.

I was a panelist at the Atlanta Sci-Fi and Fantasy Expo at the North Dekalb Mall. I was running late for my panel, arriving just minutes after it started. Thankfully, my co-panelist, Nicole Kurtz had the situation well in hand. We did a panel called "You wrote something. Now what?" and we had a nice turnout and a fun time.

After the panel, I hung out with some cool folks. If I forget anyone,
Darrell, Grizzle Nicole Kurtz, Bobby
please forgive me as it is clearly an oversight (they say the memory is the first thing to go, right?) It's always great hanging out with Nicole, Robert Jeffrey, Darrell Grizzle, Jessica Nettles, Don Hillsman II, Andrea Judy, Michael Gordon, Anthony Taylor, Dean Motter, Robert Ray, Karen M. Ray, Dan Carroll, Sue Phillips, and whoever else I spoke to or met for the first time because I feel like I am forgetting someone (there goes the ol' memory again, huh?). Also, a big thanks to Tony Cade and Challenges Games and Comics for hosting the event (and for having a copy of mine and Rick Johnson's Operation: Silver Moon on the shelf, which is beyond awesome, so thank you). I had a great time. Oh, I even sold a book, which was a nice bonus. I was having so much fun I didn't take any photos except of the book on the shelf. The photo of me, Nicole, and Darrell above is courtesy of Darrell.

Operation: Silver Moon in the wild.
The past couple of weeks have been a bit rough with being under the weather and then throwing out my back and hip (ouch!) I spent a few days laying around, moaning about the pain and feeling sorry for myself. I'm not proud of it, but it happens.

Spending time with these amazing people really brightened my mood and pushed me out of my funk. For that, I say a big thank you, my friends. You all mean the world to me and I consider myself fortunate indeed.

I was only there today, but the Atlanta Sci-Fi and Fantasy Expo 2018 continues tomorrow as well. You should check it out.

Bobby

No comments: