Saturday, July 16, 2016

AN UPDATE...

It has been a hectic week with no end in sight. 

My Dad is having problems with his knee that has prohibited him from driving for a week now. Yesterday, he was rushed into emergency surgery for it. He's fine now, resting comfortably, but still in pain and still unable to walk. I'm told this may be a process that takes several weeks to correct. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. Plus, my Mom is still dealing with her Cancer, which turns out wasn't as gone as she had been told. Seems a small amount decided to tuck itself in a hidey hole, but it has been found and is being treated. Again, we're expecting a favorable outcome.

I just wanted to let everyone know in case I'm a bit out of touch or unresponsive in the coming week or so. I generally have my phone with me so I'm rarely completely cut off, but things happen, right? There will be a lot of commutes to doctors, chemo visits, rehab, etc. in the coming weeks. Also, somewhere in there I still have a day job (at least for another 6 weeks until I get laid off) and the writing job, which I've fallen behind on, sadly that are grabbing up whatever free time I find. I'm not there yet, but I may have to cancel some convention appearances.

Will keep you posted.

Bobby

No comments: