Thursday, June 2, 2016

THE WRAP UP! TIMEGATE GOES OUT ON A HIGH NOTE!

My Timegate 2016 author table!
Timegate 2016 program book
Last weekend I was a guest at Timegate 2016! I've been a guest at TimeGate a number of times in the past and I always have a great time. Timegate is a small show compared to beasts like DragonCon and San Diego Comicon, but that's a big part of its charm. It's a relaxicon where you can sit back and enjoy spending time with fans and guests alike. Little did I know that this year's con would be the final TimeGate. Yes. As with all good things, this too has come to an end, but this is science fiction so nothing stays gone forever.

Next year, TimeGate regenerates (see what I did there?) into WHOLANTA!

TimeGate (and next year, WHOLANTA) is an annual Doctor Who
WHOLANTA begins 2017!
and British media and culture convention in Atlanta, GA. Attendees come from all over the Southeast, all over the nation and even from as far away as England to take part in the festivities. Launched in 2005, the convention hits its 10 year anniversary in 2015 with special guest Katy Manning and Michelle Gomez. Past Doctor Who guests have included actors Colin Baker, Sophie Aldred, Mary Tamm, John Levene, Colin Spaull and Caitlin Blackwood, script editors Terrance Dicks and Andrew Cartmel, composer Dominic Glynn, film editor Louis Robinson, and more.


Ma and my...
TAAA-AAR-RDIS!
For 2016, we celebrated 20 years of the 8th Doctor with special guest, the 8th Doctor himself, Paul McGann. I was fortunate to meet Mr. McGann, who was easily accessible and such a nice guy. A great guest. I'm kicking myself for not grabbing a photo with him. I also got to spend time with some amazing guests like Louise Robinson (one of the nicest people you'll ever meet) Nicholas Briggs, Terry Malloy, Jason Haigh-Ellery from Big Finish, my pals from the ESO Network, who were out in full force-- Mike Faber, Mike Gordon, Jennifer Hartshorn, Judy Faber, William Faber, Dr. Scott Viguie, Debbie Viguie, Jason De La Torre, Rita De La Torre, and quite a few friends of the station. Also on hand were artist Dimitri Walker, authors Jonathan French, A.R. Cook, and Lee Martindale, Monsterama's Anthony Taylor, Lt. Moxie Magnus, and more.

I had a table set up with my books, including the new Sherlock Holmes/Domino Lady trade collection, which was my biggest seller of the weekend. I also did 3 panels and Gallifrey Game Night, which was more laughs than I ever thought it would be.

I'd also like to say special thanks to Rebecca Perry for helping me with my table during the con while I ran off to do panels. Much appreciated.

Click Read More... to read about the panels and see photos from TimeGate 2016.



My badge.
This was my panel schedule for TimeGate 2016:

Saturday 3:00 p.m.
I was an Atlanta Movie Extra and Other Tales of Local Filmmaking
Panelists: Angela Berry, Robert Loyd, Bobby Nash, Anthony Taylor, Adam Throne
This was my favorite panel of the weekend. There were a lot of fun stories told and 3 of our panelists worked on Captain America Civil Wars, which I loved so it was nice to hear stories from that set.

Saturday 4:00 p.m.
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Too Much or Too Little of a Good Thing?
Panelists: Jennifer Hartshorn, Jonathan French, Bobby Nash, Henry Hanks, Angela Berry
Another great hour geeking out over Marvel movies.

Saturday 10:00 p.m.
Gallifrey Game Night
Panelists: Lt. Moxie Magnus, Courtland Lewis, Bobby Nash, Alan Siler
There's probably video of this out there somewhere. When I find it, I'll share. I laughed a lot.

Sunday 1:00 p.m.
It's Not the Years, It's the Mileage: 35 Years of Indy

Panelists: Darin Bush, Scott Viguie, Bobby Nash, Debbie Viguie
Another great topic. Not only did we discuss a great character and movie, but we even spent some time talking about real archaeology with Dr. Scott.

All in all, another great year at a great convention.  I'd like to say a special thanks to the TimeGate team and crew for putting on a fun event and for taking such good care of me as well. I had a great time and I look forward to joining you June 5 - 7, 2017 for WHOLANTA!



TimeGate opening ceremonies. Here comes the big news

Our host, Alan Siler presides over the TimeGate opening ceremonies.
Then he dropped a big bomb. Wait for it....


Did you hear the news in opening ceremony?! TimeGate is moving dates (May 5-7, 2017) and "regenerating" into WhoLanta!
More details to come in next few weeks!


Alan Siler announced that Timegate 2016 will be the final TimeGate.
In 2017, the con becomes 
WHOLANTA.


Nothing says wibbly-wobbly like a Doctor not in his proper attire.TimeGate2016 Photography by Greg Mooney of www.atlantaphotographers.com


Don't blink.


I SAID... DON'T! BLINK!


My table at TimeGate with a customer. WOOT!


These guys are so funny. A great group. Reposting Kirby Sloan:
Alan Siler, Jason Haigh-Ellery, Nick Briggs, Terry Molloy, and Paul McGann
at the Opening Ceremony for TimeGate 2016.


Monsterama's Anthony Taylor


Dr. Geek himself, scientist and author, Dr. Scott Viguie


Robert Loyd, Anthony Taylor, Bobby Nash, Adam Throne, and Angela Berry
talk being an Atlanta movie extra and other tales of local filmmaking.


Droids in disguise.


The dealer's room.


Henry Hanks, Jonathan French, Bobby Nash, Jennifer Hartshorn, and Angela Berry
discuss Marvel's amazing cinematic movie and TV universe.


Free TARDIS rides.


She was so adorable. The cutest death machine ever! 


Author A. R. Cook


Author Jonathan French


Talking Marvel's MCU with Henry Hanks, Jonathan French, Bobby Nash,
Jennifer Hartshorn, Angela Berry, and my big ol' Mt. Dew.


Darin Bush, Dr. Scott Viguie, and Bobby Nash talk Indiana Jones on the
'It's Not The Years, It's The Mileage: 35 Years Of Indy's panel


The Felt Nerdy Daleks take the stage. So funny.


Author Alley


It's time for The Puppet Capaldi Show.


Three cheers for TimeGate 2016's Gallifrey Game Night.
I laughed a lot during this event. Too much fun.


A blurry Draconian. Blast my camera.


"MOISTURIZE ME!!!!"


And now it's time for Gallifrey Game Night. I laughed so much.


Guests Terry Molloy and Nicholas Briggs talk all things Daleks.


The ESO Network's Mike Faber at the ESO booth. The latest episode of Earth Station Who
was recorded live at the convention. Listen now at www.esopodcast.com


Talking all things Big Finish and Doctor Who.


Author Debbie Viguie.


Oswin photobombed by a TARDIS hoodie, a Weeping Angel, and  Missy. Only at TimeGate.


My table on Friday evening. Just tossed a few books out to get started.
I did the full set up Saturday morning.


The Marriott's carpet looks very Time Lord-ish, doesn't it?


I wonder if I can drive this thing.


All of time and space, you say? Where do I want to go?
Wish I could stay, but I've got to... RUN!
Thanks again, TimeGate for another fantastic year.
Ready for WHOLANTA in 2017!

Bobby

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really was a great con. I was so happy to see you again. I look forward to next year. Wishing more sales and great ideas to you.

BobbyNash said...

Always great seeing you as well, Yolanda. I'm glad you had a great con.

Bobby