Saturday, October 11, 2014

A SATURDAY TEASE...

I've felt a lot like this guy the past
couple of weeks. HA! HA! HA!
Sorry I’ve been behind in updating the site this week. It’s been a bit hectic and I’ve fallen behind. What I thought was going to be a simple dentist visit turned into dental surgery and a week of pain (OUCH!). I’ve also been putting in some OT at the day job and spending what free time I have trying to get some writing deadlines completed on time. Plus, we had a sudden, shocking death in the family that threw me for a loop for a few days.

Although I’m unable to update the page daily like I used to, I’ll keep trying to get content up here as often as possible, at least a few times a week. Nothing specific this time around. Just a few odds and ends.

An author and his book selfie.
This beauty was waiting for me in the mail today. Writers For Relief vol. 3 charity anthology. I've got a story about a teenage magician in this one. You should grab a copy on Amazon. Proceeds go to charity. You can find it here.

About WRITERS FOR RELIEF VOL. 3
A science fiction/fantasy charity anthology

The Writers for Relief anthology series feature collections of short fiction by top talents in the realms of fantasy and science fiction writing. The first and second volumes have brought help to Hurricane Katrina survivors through the Red Cross and Bay Area Food Bank, respectively. This third volume turns the focus to those who suffered in Oklahoma and features some of today's best known speculative fiction authors including Kevin J. Anderson, Ben Bova, Stephen Euin Cobb, Jason Sandford, Bobby Nash, Todd McCaffrey, A.H. Sturgis, John Hartness, Edmund Schubert, Mike Resnick, Danny Birt, Jaym Gates, Gray Reinhart, Janinie Spendlove, and Eugie Foster. Edited by my pals, Davey Beauchamp and Stuart Jaffe.

All proceeds benefit the Oklahoma Tornado Survivors via the Red Cross.

My story in this anthology is called Magnus: The Apprentice. It tells the tale of young Andrew Kenny when he moves to a new town and discovers that not only was his grandfather a powerful sorcerer and protector of the planet Earth from demonic invasion, but that he shares those same gifts. When the villainous Lord Lucius Malfor threatens, Kenny has to learn how to use his powers to fight off a new invasion. 

You can find Writers For Relief Vol. 3 here.

Strong Will's first mission is drawn.
Pencils by Wendell Cavalcanti.
I love creating comics.

Now that all the pencils are in on Strong Will, Mike Gordon and I went over them and the script again last night. I can't share much yet, but here are the thumbs on my computer.

The first 4 pages can be seen at right here.

Wendell Cavalcanti kicked butt on the pencil art for this story and the pages will be sent off to inker-extraordinaire Rob Jones next. Fun times.

Did I mention that I love creating comics?

"Great Sufferin' Snail!" Love that 1950's dialogue.
I'm working on a comic book story featuring this cool character from the '50s crossing paths with the Domino Lady. Stay tuned for more information as I'm allowed to release it.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love creating comics?

"You are being watched..."
This also arrived in the mail today. Not sure when I'll have time to watch it, but I absolutely love Person of Interest. It is such a great show, extremely well written and superbly acted. They have a great cast. If you’re not watching Person of Interest, you should be. I highly recommend this one.

A 1930's Pulpy Political Thriller by Bobby Nash. Edited by Nancy Holder.
One last reminder... My Domino lady novel, "Money Shot" is coming very, very soon. As soon as the publisher says it is available I'll make sure to spread the word. You can get this one at the usual on-line retailers, comic book shops, and bookstores. Please, ask your local bookstore to order a copy for you.

I hope you enjoyed those teases.

See ya in the funny pages.

Bobby

No comments: