Saturday, April 5, 2014

WHEN CAPTAIN AMERICA THROWS HIS MIGHTY S.H.I.E.L.D.


I've been recruited.
I ventured out to the local theater for a viewing of the new Captain America: The Winter Soldier movie today. No spoilers, but I think I have a new favorite Marvel movie. It was great. I will say I'm really excited to see how the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series follows it up this week. The only downside to my movie-going experience was the two teenage girls in the row behind me that talked throughout the entire movie. Ah, well.

This movie is highly recommended. You should check it out.
I may just have to go see it again.

1 of my favorite covers.
Art by Mike Zeck
I am a big fan of Captain America and and read the comic book for many years (okay, decades). I dropped off with the newest series that had Cap off in another dimension. It just wasn't working for me.

One of my hopes as a writer is to write a Captain America story some day. He's definitely on the short list of characters I would love to tackle. It'll probably never happen, but you never know. If there's one thing I have learned from reading and watching Cap's adventures over the years it's that anything is possible.

The Earth station One podcast will be reviewing Captain America: The Winter Soldier this week so I will go into more depth with spoilers there. Will post the link to that here on this site when it goes live.

Have a great weekend, shield-slingers.

Bobby

Another great poster image
Nice teaser poster.
Just because.
I wonder how the events of the movie will effect these guys?

No comments: