Sunday, November 10, 2013

THE WRAP UP: GEORGIA LITERARY FESTIVAL

Van Allen Plexico, Andrea Judy, Sean Taylor, Bobby Nash, Barry Reese
I had great fun hanging out with writer pals Sean Taylor, Andrea Judy, Van Allen Plexico, Barry Reese, Alex Hughes, and more at the Georgia Literary Festival on November 9th in Milledgeville, GA. You can learn more about the Georgia Literary Festival here and here.

Here were the panels I was part of during the event.
12:00 pm: Thriller Track: Rise of the New Pulp- Sean Taylor, Van Plexico, Andrea Judy, Bobby Nash, and Barry Reese in Georgia College Library Information Technology Center

1:00 pm: Thriller Track: Blending Genres- The Hardboiled P.I. in Different Eras- Alex Hughes, Sean Taylor, and Bobby Nash in Georgia College Museum Education Room

3:00 pm: Thriller Track: The Graphic World of Comic Books- Bobby Nash, and Sean Taylor in Mary Vinson Memorial Library Children’s Theater

4:00 pm: Thriller Track: Georgia (and Murder) On My Mind- Alex Hughes, Barry Reese, Bobby Nash, and Andrea Judy in Old Governor’s Mansion Education Room

Some great discussions of writing and books, which I always enjoy. The crowd wasn’t quite what we hoped for, but everyone who came to the panels had a good time. The comic panel had the best attendance of the panels I attended.

I want to give special thanks to Barry Reese for inviting me to be part of the festival and for taking such good care of us. I had a great time.

We also took a few photos. Click on image for a larger view.

Bobby















This was one of the walls in the museum where one of the panels was held.
I love it.

Sean performed a one man play: Gene Simmons' Barney. :)







No comments: