Friday, March 22, 2013

OF BAREFOOT BONES, BROKEN EAGLES, AND SHOULDN'T YOU BE WORKING?


I'm sure my family and friends say this about me a lot.

Not actual cover.
I just realized that it has been a while since I've posted a writing update. Back in late January I started a new day job to help pay some bills. As you can imagine, this has slowed my writing down somewhat-- not to mention having the unavoidable side effect of making me exhausted. Thankfully, I work with some incredibly understanding publishers who understood why my output would slow down and extended deadlines to help accommodate my new work schedule. Hats off to each of them. It's always a wonderful treat to work with such great people.

So, with that being said, I'm starting to get used to my new schedule-- although I don't think there will ever come a day where I get used to the idea of getting out of bed at 5:30 a.m., but that's a ran for another day. After turning in my story for The Ruby Files Vol. 2 to Airship 27 this past weekend, I started preliminary work on my upcoming Fight Card novel for Fight Card Books called "Barefoot Bones" this week.

White Rocket Books
It took a while to get started tonight, but I managed to get 800 words down on a short story due to White Rocket Books for an anthology Van and his crew are putting together. I let the deadline sneak up on me for this one, but I should be able to get it finished in time. Until White Rocket announces the book, I can't say much about it, but it should be a fun one. I'm adapting an older comic book script I've had around for several years called "Showdown at Broken Eagle" for this project. I'm happy to finally get this story out there because I really enjoy how it came together. Keep watching this space for more details as I'm allowed to share them.

Not actual cover.
Once I finish that up, then it’s back to "Barefoot Bones" for Fight Card and then on to the Domino Lady/Honey west team-up novel for Moonstone Books.

Oh, if only there were more hours in the way, eh?

The plan for tomorrow is more writing, plus I have some interesting interview questions to answer. Should be a fun, full day. I’m also debating whether or not to try and squeeze in a viewing of the new Olympus Has Fallen movie this weekend. It looks interesting. I guess it will depend on how much writing I accomplish. There's a lot of work to do and as my brother likes to remind me often, "Shouldn't you be working?"

But now it’s time for a little TV before drifting off into peaceful slumber.

My desktop wallpaper.
Yeah. That sounds like a good plan.

Let's talk again tomorrow.

Oh, and just a reminder that you can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. I love it when folks pop on there and say hi.

I'll try to get back to doing these regular updates on a more regular basis. If there's anything you'd like to hear me prattle on about, feel free to leave a comment or a question here or drop me an email at bobby@bobbynash.com.

Bobby


No comments: