Saturday, February 23, 2013

RUBY GETS SHOT DOWN!

Added a couple thousand words to my story for The Ruby Files vol. 2 today. Still a bit more to do to reach the conclusion, but it’s getting there. Here’s a taste:

He stepped up next to “Raven” as she pressed the elevator call button.

“Hi there,” Rick said, a playful smile on his face.

“Not interested,” she replied without turning to look his way.

“How can you say that? You don’t even know what it is I’ve got to offer.”

This time she turned to regard him. Her lip curled up in contempt as she saw the detective’s wrinkled clothes and coat that was frayed around the edges. No way were they in the same ballpark, much less the same league. “Oh, I think I know what’s on your mind, buddy,” she said. “And trust me, it’s not going to happen so you can just tell your story walking, all right?”

The elevator arrived with a ping and the doors parted. She stepped inside without a second glance in Rick’s direction.

He followed her inside and stood beside her, both of them facing the lobby through the open door.

She sighed loudly. “You really are pushing your luck, aren’t you?”

Rick smiled at her discomfort, but kept on the charm. “Oh, you have no idea,” he told her. “I do some of my best work after my luck runs out.”

#####

Keep in mind that this is first draft. It might change a time or two before it gets sent off to the publisher.

Bobby

No comments: