Saturday, December 22, 2012

HOW I SURVIVED THE MAYAN APOCALYPSE


Well, it looks like the world didn’t end, there was no mystical reboot of our lives, and no giant monster or space anomaly devoured the planet. Really, aside from some intense sinus pain and pressure that resulted in a lack of sleep, the apocalypse passed me by. Oh well. I’m sure there will be another one somewhere down the line. I admit that the writer in me imagines a scenario where several fictional characters got together and saved the world while I went on about my life unawares. If that was the case, then thank you.

My day was pretty unusual in that I didn’t have a chance to do any writing. Ran some errands, did some work around the house, took a nap (very little sleep during the night, thank you sinuses), and then helped my parents with a project before joining the podcast, which I’ll talk about below.

Tonight I, along with several other ESO Network folks and other special guests, joined hosts Jason and Rita De La Torre from the Transmissions From Atlantis podcast for a live (yes, live) episode. That was a lot of fun. There will be an edited version available later this week. I’ll post a link here when that happens.

Learn more about Transmissions From Atlantis here. It’s a fun podcast.
Learn more about my podcast, Earth Station One here. Also a fun show.

It reads: "Michael, Thanks For Being A Great Wingman"
In other great news, reader Michael Dean sent for a free Authorgraph for the Lance Star: Sky Ranger “One Shot!” comic today, which I, of course, happily signed. He shared this photo on Twitter so I’m sharing it here. I got a bit of a chill seeing the photo. I love the Authorgraph experience. You can, of course, request your free Authorgraph today too. Click here for more details.

Sadly, there was one casualty of the apocalypse. I was saddened to hear that one of my favorite TV shows, Leverage, was not picked up for a 6th season by TNT. That means that next week’s season finale will now become the show’s series finale. Leverage is a fantasticly fun show. Seasons 1 - 4 are now available on DVD and I give them my highest recommendation. You can learn more about the cancellation here.


Some interesting news included the announcement of new season pick ups for The Walking Dead and How I Met Your Mother, two shows I enjoy. Also, it was announced today that fan-favorite writer Gail Simone will be the new writer of the Batgirl comic book series. She replaces recently fired writer, Gail Simone. Wait! What? This is one of those instances where fan reaction works. Personally, I'm excited, not only because Gail is a wonderful writer, but also because she's a great person. I'm very happy for her.

If you aren't reading Batgirl, you should. Gail also had incredible runs on Birds of Prey and Secret Six, both of which you can find in various trades and collected editions. Highly recommended reading.

Coming 2013
Tomorrow, life returns to normal as I get back to work. I have a short story to finish this weekend and then, after a break to celebrate Christmas with my family, it’s back to work on the Evil Intent novel and putting together some pitches for publishers for projects later in 2013. If all goes as planned, Evil Intent will be completed in January or February and ready for editing. In January, I also have a story to write for The Ruby Files Vol. 2. 2013 is going to be jam-packed and I’m loving every minute of it.

Yesterday, I was playing around with some images to decorate my social media sites for the holidays. I also wanted to share them here. These are fun little modifications I made to some covers of books I worked on. These are strictly for grins.

Original cover photo: Bobby Nash
Deadly Reindeer Games! is a riff on my novel, Deadly Games! Rudolph teams up with a cop to track down Santa’s missing Naughty/Nice List. This one was actually created last year, but I like it enough to share it again.

Original cover art: Ruben Procopio
I designed A Green Hornet Christmas just to do the take off on the “Let’s Roll, Kato!” gag. I think it’s funny.

Original cover art: Mark Wheatley
The Ruby Files cover already had the space needle in the background. It was an easy matter to turn it into a Christmas Tree. Forget Santa. You do not want to get on Rick Ruby’s naughty list.

Well, that’s enough for today. I hope you had a happy apocalypse and that you’ll have an even better weekend. I leave you with one final shot of the Leverage team.
"Let's go steal a series finale."

HO! HO! HO!

Bobby

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Authorgraph. It's a very neat idea, and it's cool to have a personalized, signed book on my Nook.

BobbyNash said...

My pleasure, sir. I agree, the Authorgraphs are great. Glad I found them. Thanks again for checking it, and the book, out. Much appreciated.

Merry Christmas.

Bobby