Wednesday, December 26, 2012

BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN!


Welcome back, boys and girls. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, for those who celebrate the holiday. I took a couple days off, which was nice. Of course, for a writer, taking the day off means only working part of the day, but it was still nice to spend time with family and friends and catch up on some long-overdue reading and TV watching.

I caught up with some programs on the DVR and even some stuff on DVD, including some Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, which is one of my favorites. I also watched the new episodes of Rizzoli & Isles, the Doctor Who Christmas Special, and the series finale of Leverage, another favorite of mine. All good, fun shows.

Some news came out of my time off. On Christmas Eve I agreed to write a novel for a publisher featuring a character I've written before in a story with a well-known character I've not written before, which has me excited to see how the two characters work together. although I can't give any details, the well-known character has appeared in novels, comic books, and on TV. It's sure to be a fun project and I look forward to diving into it in a few months.

Then, on Christmas Day I agreed to write a novel for another publisher, one I've not previously written for in the past. I can't say much about this one yet either, but it's a genre I've not really explored much before now. I'll also be diving into this one in a few months, once I finish up some open projects on the ol' To Do List.

2013 is shaping up to be a mighty busy year, which is pretty darn cool. If all goes well, we'll also see Evil intent, Deadly Hearts, and Lance Star: Sky Ranger "Cold Snap!" out as well next year. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. There are several exciting projects on deck that I can't wait to talk about. will post more here when I get the go ahead from the publishers.

Happy New Year!

Bobby

No comments: