Saturday, September 29, 2012

TO TUNE IN OR TUNE OUT. THAT IS THE QUESTION.

The new fall TV season has kicked into gear and I've checked out a few of the new shows. Here's how they stacked up for me. Your mileage may vary.

Last Resort has been my favorite new show of the season. Absolutely riveting. The show started strong and kept me on the edge of my seat the entire episode. I'll tune in again next week.

Vegas has a really interesting cast and I wanted to like it, but I was rather underwhelmed by the episode and the premise. I think I'll be giving this one a pass.

Elementary was the definite wild card of the week. I enjoyed the episode, but it felt more like another version of Monk or The Mentalist to me rather than Sherlock Holmes. I'll give this one a few more episodes to really wow me, a none too easy feat when comparing Elementary to the BBC's supremely well done Sherlock series.

Revolution was another show I really wanted to like. As a sci fi fan I want to see good sci fi on TV. Sadly, this show wasn't it for me. To me it was very much by-the-numbers with no surprises and little drama. Not only is this the cleanest post-apocalyptic Earth I've ever seen, but no one on this Earth apparently ever heard of steam or wind power. Sad. I really wanted to like this one.

Arrow, based on the DC Comics character, Green Arrow hasn't premiered yet, but I plan to give that one a shot.

Those are the only new shows I've checked out so far. Of the returning shows, the standouts for me of the week were Castle, Person of Interest, Doctor Who, Sons of Anarchy, Grimm, Warehouse 13, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Green lantern, Young Justice, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and Two and A Half Men. I also watched and enjoyed this week's episodes of NCIS, NCIS: LA, Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, 2 Broke Girls, Mike & Molly, and Law & Order: SVU. My biggest disappointment of the week was Hawaii 5-O, which was pretty bad. I am excited for the returns of Once Upon A Time tomorrow (Sunday) and The Walking Dead in a couple weeks.

Geez, I watch a lot of TV.

The Earth station One crew talked about the shows we were most excited to see a couple weeks ago. Check out Earth Station One Episode 129: ESO 2012 Fall TV Preview

Bobby

No comments: