Saturday, June 23, 2012

WRITING WITH EVIL INTENT

I spent most of my workday doing marketing and promotional work (which is important and has to be done) so I didn't get around to actually writing until later in the night. Even then I only managed 700-ish words tonight on the Evil Intent novel. Not bad, but should have been better. I really need to kick it into high gear tomorrow.

Here’s a taste of tonight’s work--

Harold was no longer falling. He planted his feet against a long support beam that supported the stairs and braced his back against the side of the red clay hill. It was solid and held firm, but was slick from the morning dew so he wouldn’t be able to stay in place long. He took several quick breaths of musty air to steady himself. Then he turned and aimed. He was only going to get one chance before the men with the guns below shifted position to get a better bead on him so he had to make each shot count.

He squeezed the trigger.

The man behind the wheel disappeared in an explosion of spider-webbed glass and splattered blood.
#####

A gruesome end. Now I just have to figure out what happens next. Evil Intent is the second thriller novel in what I hope will be a series of novels featuring FBI Agent Harold Palmer. Fingers crossed. I have discussed this novel with a publisher, as well as getting Evil Ways back into print. More details forthcoming when I know anything.

Have a great weekend.

Bobby

No comments: