Thursday, March 22, 2012

MEET FBI AGENT ROBERT EDWARDS

FBI Special Agent Robert Edwards
I wish I had been able
 to keep my FBI I.D.
I was fortunate enough to work as an extra on the currently untitled Kevin Williamson penned pilot starring Kevin Bacon, James Purefoy, Jeananne Goossen, Natalie Zea, Shawn Ashemore, and Billy Brown. I can't say much about the plot or what was filmed as the prduction company likes us to keep that stuff under wraps, but here's what IMDB says about the show--

[UKWP] centers on a diabolical serial killer who uses technology to create a cult of serial killers, and the FBI agent who finds himself in the middle of it.


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2071645/

I had a fun three days on set. The actors, cast, and crew were all very friendly and we had some fun and a few laughs. I also met some very interesting people on set including a real FBI Special Agent, a real S.W.A.T. Team officer, a boxer and MMA fighter, a rapper, actors, and writers. Meeting new creative people is always one of the great bonuses of doing this kind of work.

Props. My badge and gun.
We had three long days (there before the sun  came up and leaving after it set), but I had a blast. My character was an FBI Agent who is part of an inter-agency task force. I got to create my character's name, which was cool. I almost called him Harold Palmer after the FBI hero if my novel, Evil Ways and the upcoming evil Intent, but instead I named him Robert Edwards. This was one of those names I came up with years ago when I was considering pennames for my writing. It was a simple one, really. In many cases (although not in mine), Bobby is short for Robert. My middle name is edward. Hence, Robert Edwards.

Don't call him "Bob"
I had fun with the character and started jotting down some notes about him during downtime on the set. Since I am still working on Evil Intent, I think there's a very good chance you will meet FBI Special Agent Robert Edwards there. If he's like he was on the set, then he's always on the move and always in a hurry to get there. Every scene I was in had him hurrying from one place to another. One of the other extras referred to my character as "the hardest working man at the FBI." That made my day. I also played him kind of ruffled. Shirt was always a little rumpled, tie not cinched up tight (mainly because I hate wearing a tie).

As the show gets closer to air (I hope. It's a pilot so hopefully a network will pick it up) I'll disclose some more details, but for now I can leave you with a couple of photos of me at FBI Special Agent Robert Edwards.

Bobby

9 comments:

Mark said...

Special Agent Robert Edwards, he will leave no stone unturned to bring enemies of America, foreign or domestic, to justice! Using his unique brand of hard work and dogged determination, Robert has clawed his way to through the highest echelons of the F.B.I.

Man this stuff rights itself. Way to go Bobby you look great.

BobbyNash said...

Thanks, Mark. This was a lot of fun. I had a great experience on the set. Agent Edwards was written on the ID as a joke, but the character started forming in my head over the course of the shoot. He'll definitely show up again.

He does need to lose some weight though. :)

Bobby

Mark said...

I could see Agent Edwards being the "immovable object" type. Sort of like Bud Spencer the spaghetti western star. Check out this You Tube video if you have a minute:
http://www.youtube.com watch?v=VtSOjfNmuis
A one punch knock out!

BobbyNash said...

Agreed. I really grew to love having that gun on my belt. I had a tendency keep my hand resting on the butt of it. Sadly, I never got to draw my gun. Ah well. Maybe next time.

Bobby

Unknown said...

I was just notified by a Robert Edward FBI Agent about money I was cheated out of . But they wanted me to send them money first. I was then told in order to get the money I had to first pay them 120.00 dollars. I told him he said there was no charge and he said I will have to send it to get the money released. The phone number they keep getting it touch with me is ( 631) 887- 5868. Is this you?


Unknown said...

OmIEQSG3.jpeg

BobbyNash said...

Not me, Unknown. This is a character who appeared in a TV show and in an upcoming novel. He is not a real person.

Bobby

Anonymous said...

Just a heads up- someone used this badge pic trying to con my 70 year old mom online today.

BobbyNash said...

That's not cool.